Vallarta Culture: Only People Who Live At The Beach Know
For most people the beach is somewhere to go on vacation, or for an occasional day out. The idea of living there might seem like a dream, but what is it really like for those who live right there and can see it every day? Here are 18 things that can only be fully understood by those who live by the beach.
1. You understand that the beach isn’t just for summer
Wrapping up warm and walking on a deserted beach in winter is a uniquely invigorating experience.
2. You always feel a little bit smug
After all, you get to live somewhere that people yearn to visit all year.
3. You’ve discovered that solutions to most problems can be found by sitting on the beach and staring out over the water
Similarly, if you’re in need of some inspiration, you will find it by digging your toes in the sand.
4. You take it personally when people leave trash at the beach
You wouldn’t leave trash in their backyards, so why do they leave it on your beach?
5. You always have something to do when you live near the beach
Even if it’s just sitting on the beach which is a perfectly valid way to spend time, unlike anywhere else when just sitting and doing nothing is clearly a waste of time.
6. You know that any food tastes better when eaten sitting on the sand
Even better if it’s been prepared on the beach. You’ve perfected the art of preparing and eating food on the beach without ingesting gritty sand, this is a skill to be envied by the casual beach visitor.
7. You never get bored of the view
Especially the sunsets. And the sunrises. And during the midday sun.
8. You’ve accepted that your house will never be completely sand-free
Ditto your car, clothes, hair, and pets.
9. You can instantly categorize visitors into beach “types” just by looking at them
This categorization enables you to predict their behavior on the beach, providing you with hours of entertainment as you watch and nod knowingly.
10. You hope you never lose the childlike awe of the beach
The delight in finding and collecting pretty shells, or coming across small sea creatures in little pools of water, is not reserved for children or occasional visitors.
11. You know that there is no sound in the world better than the lapping of waves on the beach
And no smell better than the salty sea air.
12. You’re constantly torn about your feelings towards tourists
You understand that they are essential for the economy of the area, and you love to see them arrive, but you wish they could be less intrusive in your beach paradise. You aim to be friendly and welcoming to them, but wish at times they showed more consideration for their surroundings and the local residents when they visit.
13. Your wardrobe is 80% beach wear
In the summer you can easily forget that other types of clothes exist.
14. You respect the power of the ocean
You’ve seen it at its calmest best and at its roughest worst, and understand the need to always respect it.
15. You get defensive if anyone compares your beach unfavorably to other beaches
They clearly haven’t understood your beach, and this situation must be rectified immediately.
16. You mistakenly think you’ve seen it all
However long you’ve lived near the beach, and however many things you’ve seen there, every year when the visitors arrive you will be surprised by new things they do, wear, and say.
17. You can’t understand anyone who says they don’t like the beach
They might as well say they don’t like breathing.
18. You can’t imagine living anywhere else
You may leave for a while, but you’ll be back. They always come back.
Mexico is moving in the right direction, working to raise the real estate standards to protect buyer and seller interests. AMPI (our National Real Estate Association) plays a key role in the real estate industry in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, working closely with local, state and national governments. Our local AMPI Association is leading the country in developing and implementing real estate standards. To become members of our local AMPI Association Real Estate professionals sign our Bylaws that require our members to follow our Ethical Code of Conduct; to use our contract forms which have been legally vetted to protect buyers and sellers; to participate in and comply with our MLS Rules and Regulation along with using the shared database. Our Bylaws, Code of Ethics, MLS Systems, Contracts and our other systems are constantly improved on through the expertise and experience of our members. Find a Committed AMPI Professional Here
'This information is deemed to be reliable, but is not guaranteed. The information herein provided has been made available by the FlexMLS IDX System and may not be the listing of the provider'.