Top 5 Signs You Have the Wrong Real Estate Professional
Congratulations. You have decided it’s time to sell your home. There’s a lot to think about of course, and as you begin your foray into staging, for sale signs and contract negotiation, there are a few things to consider when choose a real estate professional to help you along the way.
Just as it’s important to know what you want, it’s equally as important to know what you don’t want. If you going to work with a real estate professional, these are a few red flags that should on your radar.
- They Don’t Return Your Calls. This is the basic of the basic. If a real estate professional cannot return your call in a timely manner with relevant information, then don’t expect much when the going gets tough (negotiations, paperwork, scheduling, follow-up, marketing, etc.). This is when you should get going.
- They Oversell Their Skill Sets. The proof is in the pudding. If a real estate professional claims they are client-focused and ‘the best around’ they better back it up with proof and action. But this is also where you need to do your homework. Take the time to thoroughly research every real estate agent you are considering, and be sure they can deliver on their promises.
- They offer a ‘lower’ commission. You get what you pay for. Sure you could go with a friend, relative or someone who claims to offer a lower commission than the competition. But marketing and selling a home properly costs money, skimp upfront and you’ll pay for it in the end. As we say, it doesn’t cost more to use Steve McKenna & The Home Advantage Team, but it could cost you if you don’t.
- They ‘Yes’ You. You know what we’re talking about. ‘Yes! Your house is perfect!’ ‘Yes! We can sell your house for that high price!’ ‘Yes! You can skip the cleaning and staging. It’s no big deal!’ Real estate professionals are not there to tell you what you want to hear. They’re there to tell you want you need to hear in order to sell your house quickly and for the highest price.`
- They Don’t Have a Plan for YOU. Selling a home is not a one-size-fits-all endeavor. Each home must be considered individually when it comes to marketing, pricing and attracting buyers. A real estate agent must be able to fine-tune their strategy to fit your needs and timeframe specifically.
Why Use AMPI?
AMPI is the national association of real estate professionals that have, since 1956, gathered under laws and codes of ethics and conduct to create a reliable, trustworthy an efficient real estate environment in Mexico.
AMPI consists of separate autonomous sections all throughout the nation, as well as more than 4,000 associates and affiliates.
Each section is independent and has its own board of directors, only surpassed by a national board of directors comprised of twenty associates from all over the republic.
Developed over the years with the input and knowledge of its members, AMPI is much more than just a collection of offices.
AMPI has been a solid and recognized institution in Mexico for the past 27 years. It was originally established in 1956 and was consolidated in 1980.
AMPI is currently represented in all the principle cities and regions of Mexico stretching from Tijuana to Cancun.
The Riviera Nayarita, Vallarta and Compostela chapters of AMPI are dedicated to promote the best practices in real estate by providing its members with education to reinforce the standards of ethics that give our industry the credibility which our clients deserve.
AMPI is committed to giving our membership access to a multiple listing service that forms the platform from which our industry can expand locally and into other markets while giving our members precise and up to date information that is vital to continuous improvement and growth.